Ideal Vacuum is a New Mexico based distributor of scientific and industrial vacuum equipment with pumping technologies, such as, rotary vane, dry scroll, dry semiconductor, Rootís blowers, turbomolecular, diffusion, rotary piston, and multi-roots dry pumps along with vacuum pressure measurement, vacuum fittings, hardware, supplies, and accessories since 2001. We are looking for another rotary vane vacuum pump mechanic to support and expand our growing service department business. Entry level rotary vane mechanics will need to have previous mechanic experience and be able to learn rotary vane rebuilding skills by on-the-job-training (OJT). Excellent rotary vane rebuild skills will need to be exhibited soon after the employee has completed our vacuum pump rebuild training, this is a must to retain this employment position. This position requires that the candidate have strong pre-existing mechanical skills as all vacuum pumps are rebuilt and assembled using mechanic tools; wrenches, screw drivers, Allen wrenches, custom presses, following complex assembly processes. A person with limited mechanical skills would introduce assembly defects and produce a poor final product (this will not be tolerated).
Our rotary vane vacuum pump products are supplied by top selling vacuum equipment manufacturers, such as, Alcatel Adixen, Agilent Varian, Edwards, Oerlikon Leybold, Pfeiffer, Welch, and others. These manufacturers, provide equipment that is the absolute best available in the marketplace today. We match these quality products with engineering, design expertise, installation experience and quality service to keep our customers equipment running properly for years. Ideal Vacuum operates a full service center, we are committed and constantly strive to achieve a higher level of service excellence.
We are excited to announce we are currently accepting resumes for rotary vane vacuum pump mechanics to join our vacuum pump service department. Candidates must have past experience working with and servicing other equipment, such as, motorcycles, automobiles, transmissions, heavy equipment, or other. Previous repair service skills should including, bearing replacements, O-rings, seals, sleeves, pistons, pins, gaskets, valves, and other replacement items. All our rebuild and repair services are recorded in our service department management software by mechanicís name, equipment model and serial numbers along with notes on the failure analysis, parts replaced, and after repair test results. Good computer skills is a must, the applicant should be efficient with a PC computer and understand the functions of Windows operating systems. Mechanics are required to keep a clean work area, work shop floors and service center must be swept & mopped often, all tools and equipment are required to be wiped down and put away before starting a new project. Excellent English reading and writing skills is a must.
Must be able to read and comprehend userís instruction manuals for our assembly equipment to learn how to use these machines correctly and safety, the manuals can be 100 pages in length. Must be able to follow detailed product assembly instructions so that the products that we manufacture are assembled correctly to avoid product defects. The candidates must be able to follow verbal instructions and want to be a team player.
A strong mechanical background is required. This person needs to enjoy working with their hands, using mechanic tools, and have a STRONG mechanical aptitude. A lot of the daily work task will involve assembling products following our standard operating procedures (SOPs). The position will also support our service department and mechanical disassemble of defective products will be required. These machines must be taken apart and cleaned. Many of the parts are delicate and easily broken if the technician does not have good mechanical skills or is careless in their disassembly procedures. The skills that one should have:
- Previous mechanic experience, either in home garage repairs or employed experience
- Know your tools, what wrench is needed, cannot damage parts while assembling them
- Must have excellent English reading skills to following detailed assemble instructions
- Must have excellent English writing skills to prepare daily service reports
- Excellent computer skills are a must, must be able to use a computer and type reports
- Full-Time employment as a rotary vane vacuum pump mechanic in our newly remodeled service department
- Disassemble and clean pumps in our decon room
- Rebuilding rotary vane vacuum pumps, install rebuild kits, and replacement parts; all bearings, O-rings, seals, gaskets, valves, vanes & pins (when required).
- Testing assembled pumps module to meet quality control, helium leak tested, vacuum pressure, motor current, sound and vibrations.
- Record final test and results in service department software.
- Release pump to inventory or shipping department.
- Follow up with customers by telephone or email to assist with start-up questions.
- Trouble shootings technical failure issues by telephone and email
- Must have reliable transportation and be able to work full-time M-F 8:00 am Ė 5:30 pm.
- Must have positive attitude, be self-motivated and a Team Player
- NO DRUGS or ALCOHOL Ė random drug and alcohol testing is required.
Must be able to read and comprehend userís instruction manuals for our equipment to learn how to use these machines correctly and safety, the manuals can be 100s of pages in length. Must be able to follow detailed product assembly instructions so that the products that we manufacture are assembled correctly to avoid product defects. The candidates must be able to follow verbal instructions and want to be a team player. The skills that one should have:
- Able and willing to follow detailed instructions without deviating
- Close attention to details, allowing them to spot defects in parts and equipment
- Keep and maintain a clean and orderly work environment
Example Rotary Vane Pumps
Alcatel Adixen Models (SD, C1, & C2 Versions):
Oerlikon Leybold Models (B & BCS Versions):
- Salary starts at $13 to $16 per hour
- BCBS Health Care
- Dental & Vision
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick leave
- Relocation compensation is available
How To Apply:
By Regular Mail To:
Does this sounds like a position for you? Please submit your resume today to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit our careers web site
for other career opportunities. All resume submissions will be treated confidentially and with discretion. Please send your current resume CV and details of current salary package to the email: email@example.com
or fax them to: (505) 872-9001.
Ideal Vacuum Products
5910 Midway Park Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87109
Phone: (505) 872-0037
Fax: (505) 872-9001